West Florida Advance Baseball Rules and Regulations 2020
This tournament will be played by the official Cal Ripken Baseball Rules & Babe Ruth and Regulations. The following is a Reminder of some of these rules and any procedural issues pertaining to tournament play.
2021 USA bat standards must be followed for play in WFABL
1. For Cal Ripken level regular season there is a time limit of 1 hour and 40 minutes (no inning starts after the time limit is up) Level 8-12U. There is no time limit for the Championship game.
For Babe Ruth level there is a time limit of 1 hour and 50 minutes (no inning starts after the time limit is up) For 13U and 15u -For Regular Season and Playoff Games. There is no time limit for the Championship game.
2. For Regular season Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth there is a run rule in effect 12 after 4 innings or 10 after 5 innings The game can end tie.
3. There is no Run rule per inning in effect For regular season and playoffs as well as the championship game At 9-16u ,Only at 8U will enforce a 6 run limit per inning.
4. This Rule is under review for Pitching Rules - Tournament Pitching Rules-based of Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth 2021 standards.
*If pitches in one game exceed the number of pitches allowed for zero days rest, the pitcher cannot pitch in any additional games on that day. Please remember. IF a player pitches more than one game on the same day, You must use the daily max pitch count.
A pitcher is not a pitcher of record until he pitches one pitch to a batter. All there is no finish the batter rule, The Pitch count has a Hard stop.
League Age Daily Max 0 DAY* 1 Day 2 Days
7-8 50 1-20 21-35 36+
9-10 75 1-40 41 - 65 66+
11/12 85 1-40 41 - 65 66+
13-15 95 1-45 46 - 75 76+
16-18 105 1-45 46- 75 76 +
5. Games can end in a tie for league play and seeding weeks. And Pool Play
Only for Championship Sunday elimination games, there will be no ties, After 6 innings – a Texas tiebreaker will be in place. The last batted out will be placed at 2nd base continue the inning.
6. 8U Machine Pitch - Machine must be set at 46 feet - Machine speed will be set at a speed range of 42-43
7. 8U Runners may advance until he or she is forced to retreat by the defender. Or the Umpire Calls Time.
8. Trips to the mound - Trips to the mound shall be limited to one per inning per pitcher. The second trip in
the same inning will result in the removal of that player as a pitcher. Any effort to circumvent this rule will result
in a trip to the mound being charged by the umpire.
9. Warming up a pitcher - Anyone warming up a pitcher must wear protective headgear. If they are crouching.
10. Ejections are for the current game only unless further action is required by the Tournament
Director. If a Player is Ejected you will take an out in the line up for the rest of that game.
11. No guest players or non-rostered players allowed for Playoffs. All directors must email in team rosters.
12. Each team will provide 2 games balls for every game.
13. It is recommend that the Home team should keep a game-changer stats or Book for each game. Also, the umpires will also keep the official scorecards
with the official pitch count recorded on the card. Like All-stars, all managers should verify the official pitch count after each inning
14. All site directors are required to post pitching stats thru Google doc sheet, Provided thru the area director.
15. Home team – And Away team is decided on a coin flip before each game.
(Playoff Games Higher seed is the Home Team)
16. The manager is the only person to communicate with umpires.
17. Dropped 3rd strike advancement in 11U and above age groups (No dropped 3rd strike advancement for 10U and below).
18. Slash bunting is prohibited in all Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth division games. The batter will be declared out and the ball is dead should this occur. A second offense by the same team will result in manager ejection. Any player who repeats this action in the same game will be ejected on the second occurrence.
19. Suspended Games - Rescheduled by the Tournament Director. All suspended games will begin from the exact point at which play was stopped. There are no rainouts!.
20. For age groups 10u and below, there is no infield fly. Infield fly rule only applies to 12u and above.
21. If a Player is Injured or has to leave the game and vacates his spot in the batting order. The Team will take 1 out for the vacated spot in the lineup the first time through the line up only. After the out mangers will just shrink the lineup. (This does not apply to ejected players)
22. Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth levels headfirst slides are allowed. (Except for the Rookies level)
23. The speed-up rule is in effect, teams are allowed to pinch run for the pitcher and catcher of record. with the last batted out.
24. Walk-up music or any Music is not allowed at any level.
25. Teams and players must play in 50% of the Regular season games to be eligible to play in the end of the season tournament
If a game ends in a tie, with time expired teams will play one inning with the Texas tiebreaker. The last batted out will start on 2nd base and teams will play a normal inning.