West Florida Advance Baseball Rules and Regulations 2020
This tournament will be played by the official Cal Ripken Baseball Rules & Babe Ruth and Regulations. The following is a Reminder of some of these rules and any procedural issues pertaining to tournament play.
2020 USA bat standards must be followed for play in WFABL
1. For Cal Ripken level regular season there is a time limit of 1 hour and 45 minutes (no inning starts after the time limit is up) Level 8-12U. There is no time limit for the Championship game.
For Babe Ruth level there is a time limit of 1 hour and 50 minutes (no inning starts after the time limit is up) For 13U and 15u -For Regular Season and Playoff Games. There is no time limit for the Championship game.
2. For Regular season Cal Ripken level there is no run rule per game. The game can end if a team is mathematically unable to come back. Based on the run limits.
For Babe Ruth Level there is a 10 after 5 Rule in effect.
3. For regular season and playoffs as well as the championship games, 8U will enforce a 6 run limit per inning.
For Regular season There 6 runs per inning limit. For the Cal Ripken Level.
There are no run limits for Babe Ruth level.
4. This Rule is under review for Pitching Rules - Tournament Pitching Rules-based of Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth 2020 standards.
*If pitches in one game exceed the number of pitches allowed for zero days rest, the pitcher cannot pitch in any additional games on that day. Please remember. IF a player pitches more than one game on the same day, You must use the daily max pitch count.
A pitcher is not a pitcher of record until he pitches one pitch to a batter. All there is no finish the batter rule, The Pitch count has a Hard stop.
League Age Daily Max 0 DAY* 1 Day 2 Days
7-8 50 1-20 21-35 36+
9-10 75 1-40 41 - 65 66+
11/12 85 1-40 41 - 65 66+
13-15 95 1-45 46 - 75 76+
16-18 105 1-45 46- 75 76 +
5. Games can end in a tie for league play and seeding weeks 1-5
Only for Championship Sunday elimination games, there will be no ties, After 6 innings – a Texas tiebreaker will be in place. The last batted out will be placed at 2nd base continue the inning.
6. 8U Machine Pitch - Machine must be set at 46 feet - Machine speed will be set at a speed range of 42-43
7. 8U Runners may advance until he or she is forced to retreat by the defender. Or the Umpire Calls Time.
8. Trips to the mound - Trips to the mound shall be limited to one per inning per pitcher. The second trip in
the same inning will result in the removal of that player as a pitcher. Any effort to circumvent this rule will result
in a trip to the mound being charged by the umpire.
9. Warming up a pitcher - Anyone warming up a pitcher must wear protective headgear. If they are crouching.
10. Ejections are for the current game only unless further action is required by the Tournament
Director. If a Player is Ejected you will take an out in the line up for the rest of that game.
11. No guest players or non-rostered players allowed for Playoffs. All directors must email in team rosters.
12. Each team will provide 2 games balls for every game.
13. Home teams will be required to keep a game-changer stats for each game. Also, the umpires will also keep the official scorecards
with the official pitch count recorded on the card. Like Allstars, all managers should verify the official pitch count after each inning
14. All site directors are required to post pitching stats thru the website
15. Home team – will be decided on the schedule before the game. Home Team is responsible for the input of game-changer
(Playoff Games Higher seed is the Home Team)
16. The manager is the only person to communicate with umpires.
17. Dropped 3rd strike advancement in 12U and above age groups (No dropped 3rd strike advancement for 10U and below).
18. Slash bunting is prohibited in all Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth division games. The batter will be declared out and the ball is dead should this occur. A second offense by the same team will result in manager ejection. Any player who repeats this action in the same game will be ejected on the second occurrence.
19. Suspended Games - Rescheduled by the Tournament Director. All suspended games will begin from the exact point at which play was stopped. There are no rainouts!.
20. For age groups 10u and below, there is no infield fly. Infield fly rule only applies to 12u and above.
21. If a Player is Injured or has to leave the game and vacates his spot in the batting order. The Team will take 1 out for the vacated spot in the lineup the first time through the line up only. After the out mangers will just shrink the lineup. (This does not apply to ejected players)
22. Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth levels headfirst slides are allowed. (Except for the Rookies level)
23. The speed-up rule is in effect, teams are allowed to pinch run for the pitcher and catcher of record. with the last batted out.
24. Walk-up music or any Music is not allowed at any level.
If a game ends in a tie, with time expired teams will play one inning with the Texas tiebreaker. The last batted out will start on 2nd base and teams will play a normal inning.
Season Standings and Playoff seeding point system
Seeding weeks 3,4,5
Each team will be awarded 3pts for a win 1 pt for a tie 0 pts for a loss.
If two teams are tied, head to head will be used. If more than two teams are tied, the order of the tiebreakers will be: runs against, runs for, then run differential. If still tied, a coin flip will determine the higher seed.