West Florida Advance Baseball Rules and Regulations 2021
This tournament will be played by the official Cal Ripken Baseball Rules & Babe Ruth and Regulations. The following is a Reminder of some of these rules and any procedural issues pertaining to tournament play.
2021 USA bat standards must be followed for play in WFABL
(If a Player or Team is caught using a Illegal bat see Penalty)
If the illegal bat is discovered prior to a batter completing his "at bat" the bat is simply removed from play and the "at bat" continues.
A player who uses an illegal bat or non-conforming barrel dimension and hits a fair ball will be ruled out. No advancement on the bases will be allowed, and any outs during the play shall stand. This is an appeal play. The "at bat" will be considered legal once a pitch is thrown to the next batter.
Any bat discovered prior to the game that does not conform to the above rule shall be directed to be removed immediately and not be allowed for use during the game.
The teams manger could be ejected and face disciplinary actions from there Rec and AB League.
1. For Cal Ripken level regular season and playoff games there is a time limit of 1 hour and 40 minutes (no inning starts after the time limit is up) Level 8-12U. There is no time limit for the Championship game.
For Babe Ruth level there is a time limit of 1 hour and 50 minutes (no inning starts after the time limit is up) For 13U and 15u -For Regular Season and Playoff Games. There is no time limit for the Championship game.
2. For Regular season and playoffs Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth there is a run rule in effect 10 after 5 innings (Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth). The game can end tie.
3. There is no Run rule per inning in effect For regular season and playoffs as well as the championship game At 9-16u ,Only at 8U will enforce a 6 run limit per inning.
4. Pitching Rules - Tournament Pitching Rules-based of Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth 2021 standards.
*If pitches in one game exceed the number of pitches allowed for zero days rest, the pitcher cannot pitch in any additional games on that day. Please remember. IF a player pitches more than one game on the same day, You must use the daily max pitch count.
No pitcher is allowed to pitch in 3 games in one day, regardless of pitch count.
A pitcher is not a pitcher of record until he pitches one pitch to a batter. All there is no finish the batter rule, The Pitch count has a Hard stop.
League Age Daily Max 0 DAY* 1 Day 2 Days
7-8 50 1-20 21-35 36+
9-10 75 1-40 41 - 65 66+
11/12 85 1-40 41 - 65 66+
13-15 95 1-45 46 - 75 76+
16-18 105 1-45 46- 75 76 +
5. Games can end in a tie for league play and seeding weeks. And Pool Play
Only for Championship Sunday elimination games, there will be no ties, After 6 innings or time limit– a Texas tiebreaker will be in place. The last batted out will be placed at 2nd base continue the inning.
6. 8U Machine Pitch - Machine must be set at 46 feet - Machine speed will be set at a speed range of 42-43
7. 8U Runners may advance until he or she is forced to retreat by the defender. Or the Umpire Calls Time.
8. Trips to the mound - Trips to the mound shall be limited to one per inning per pitcher. The second trip in
the same inning will result in the removal of that player as a pitcher. Any effort to circumvent this rule will result
in a trip to the mound being charged by the umpire.
9. Warming up a pitcher - Anyone warming up a pitcher must wear protective headgear. If they are crouching.
10. Ejections are for the current game only unless further action is required by the Tournament
Director. If a Player is Ejected you will take an out in the line up for the rest of that game.
11. No guest players or non-rostered players allowed for Playoffs. All directors must email in team rosters.
12. Each team will provide 2 games balls for every game.
13. Score Cards, Official Score cards will be used. (Mandatory) These cards lineups must be filled out with first and last names and turned in to the umpire as the official record of the game. With the official card there will also keep pitch counts, The winning team will be responsible for documenting the official signed score card snapping a photo of the front and back and emailing it the website. The Wining team will turn the card in to concession stand at its respected location. If this is not done by the wining teams the will be considered a 0-0 tie.
14. Standing the season will consist of 6 weeks of Dlb. Headers (Weather Pending) Week 1 is Pre-Season, Weeks 2-5 are Considered Regular season with standing will apply for seeding on championship Sunday.
The standing are calculated by a points system. Each team will be awarded 3 points for a Win on the field, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss or a forfeit.
The tie breaker for the end of season tournament is : Head to Head (if two teams are tied.) If more than two teams are tied. Points against, followed by Points For. Next is the differential then a coin flip. to determine the higher seed.
15. Home team – And Away team is decided on a coin flip before each game.
(Playoff Games Higher seed is the Home Team)
16. The manager is the only person to communicate with umpires.
17. Dropped 3rd strike advancement in 11U and above age groups (No dropped 3rd strike advancement for 10U and below).
18. Slash bunting is prohibited in all Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth division games. The batter will be declared out and the ball is dead should this occur. A second offense by the same team will result in manager ejection. Any player who repeats this action in the same game will be ejected on the second occurrence.
19. Suspended Games - Rescheduled by the Tournament Director. All suspended games will begin from the exact point at which play was stopped. There are no rainouts!.
20. For age groups 10u and below, there is no infield fly. Infield fly rule only applies to 12u and above.
21. If a Player is Injured or has to leave the game and vacates his spot in the batting order. The Team will take 1 out for the vacated spot in the lineup the first time through the line up only. After the out mangers will just shrink the lineup. (This does not apply to ejected players)
22. Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth levels headfirst slides are allowed. (Except for the Rookies level)
23. The speed-up rule is in effect, teams are allowed to pinch run for the pitcher and catcher of record. with the last batted out.
24. Walk-up music or any Music is not allowed at any level.
25. Teams and players must play in 50% of the Regular season games to be eligible to play in the end of the season tournament
If a game ends in a tie, with time expired teams will play one inning with the Texas tiebreaker. The last batted out will start on 2nd base and teams will play a normal inning.